What are Colour Coated Roofing Sheets ?
Colour Coated Roofing Sheets are Aluminium – Zinc Sheets (Galvalume) which have a colour coating over the metal surface of these sheets. These sheets are available in different colours as desired by the customers. The primary objective of these are protection, safety and security of the products or goods stored inside a building. Due to advancement in technology now colour coated sheets are available for the consumers to use at warehouses, godowns and sheds.
How are Colour Coated roofing sheets better than Asbestos roofing Sheets ?
Colour Coated roofing sheets Vs. Asbestos roofing sheets.
Colour Coated roofing sheets are well known not only for it’s alluring look but also for various other reasons. Following are some advantages of using Colour Coated Roofing Sheets Vs. Asbestos Roofing Sheets.
- High durability versus Asbestos roofing sheets. Asbestos roofing sheets break without much efforts
- Corrosion-protective – Corrosion is the process of converting refined metal into chemically stable form which leads to gradual destruction of materials
- Low thermal heat conductivity – These Roofing Sheets ensure heat transfers occur at a lower rate in materials of lower thermal conductivity and that’s why verifying a cooler environment inside the building premises as compared to Asbestos roofing sheets.
- Customisation available – Customers have the option of choosing among various colours shapes sizes and textures according to their convenience. After manufacturing of the products they are carried at the desired places wherever they are required
- Weather Flexibility – During climatic catastrophe also these sheets maintain it’s brawny, sturdy and durable nature so doesn’t tear apart easily
- Incombustible – As the roofing sheets are made up of primarily with zinc, aluminium, alloy and of tensile steel they do not catch fire easily therefore making it safer to be installed in warehouses, godowns or houses where lots of essentials and people are present
- Flimsy in weight – It can be transported easily because of it’s lightweight. Asbestos are heavier as compared to it’s counterparts
- Ventilation is available
- Recyclable sheets – Aluminium has a low melting point thus becoming easy to recycle. Asbestos is not an environmentally sustainable product. They have lots of health risks involved as well
The Colour Coated roofing Sheets having increased in the number of demands due it’s various benefits after installation also for its eco friendly characteristics thereby will be reducing the usage of harmful products and provides much safer investment in terms of durability or for the ease of using the product which is customer oriented.
Pre-Painted Alu-Zinc Steel Sheets (Galvalume): (55% Aluminium, 43% Zinc, 1.5% Silicon) Aluminium – Zinc Alloy coating gives corrosion resistance and superior heat reflectivity, Galvalume Steel reflects a high percentage of heat and can withstand in any weather conditions, without surface discoloration. It is also suited for coastal areas. Bare Galvalume coating is inorganic and does not contain volatile compounds that can harm the environment.
Total Coated Thickness (mm) varies alot based on the individual demand and preference for the same. The usually available thickness are as follows – 0.35mm, 0.4mm, 0.45mm, 0.47mm, 0.5mm, 0.55mm, 0.6mm, 0.65mm, 1.0mm, 1.40mm
Width usually varies from 1000mm to 1250mm
Standard Length (Feet): 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 (Customizable upto 30 Feet).
Which is the best brand of colour coated roofing sheets in India ?
JSW Everglow & Colouron
JSW Steel Ltd. is India’s largest producer of colour coated sheets.
JSW colour coated sheets are sold under the brand name of JSW everglow and JSW Colouron.
-It comes with a superior quality galvalume coating
-They provide a 10 year warranty and it is ISI approved
– It’s AZ-150 Aluminium-Zinc coating offers superior corrosion-resistance and weather resistance
– Very Expensive when bought in very small quantities. JSW colour coated sheet price is somewhere around Rs. 334/ square meter (JSW Colouron 0.5mm thickness with an yield strength of 550 MPa)
Tata Bluescope Sheet
The legendary steel king of India Tata Steel group has a separate vertical namely Tata Bluescope which purely focuses on producing colour coated roofing sheets. It markets it’s roofing sheets under the brand name DURASHINE®.
– Tata’s DURASHINE® carries more load. For example – A 0.45 mm DURASHINE® 0.45mm TCT (550MPa) has better load carrying capacity than Ordinary Color Coated 0.60mm (250MPa) sheet*
– It has a unique anti – leak groove
– DURASHINE® sheets require less number of purlins and reduce cost of supporting structure.
– 2 to 4 times more life and better corrosion resistance.
– No warranty claim as compared to JSW Everglow’s 10 year warranty.
– The most expensive roofing sheet in the India market i.e. a Tata Bluescope Roofing Sheet, 0.30 To 1.40 Mm per square meter would cost somewhere around Rs 470/Square Meter.
Ispat Gold Colour Coated Roofing Sheets
Ispat Gold is an underdog and a new player in the colour coated roofing sheets market leading producer of the product Colour Coated Roofing Sheets and have been impressing customers for their various products manufactured by them. If you are thinking where to buy colour coated sheets in Kolkata or anywhere else in West Bengal, then click here and contact us.
We mainly produce RAL 5005 AZ55 coated with a thickness of 0.4mm with a load carrying capacity of 260mPa.
– Industry Best Prices – Ispat Gold produces RAL 5005 signal blue colour coated roofing sheets which is the most in demand colour. Bulk production of the same helps us provide the goods at competitive prices. Click here to know all the exciting offers currently going on our colour coated sheets.
– Industry Best Customer Service – We provide better after sales service as we have a small but strong and loyal customer base. This allows us to better serve our customers as compared to the bigger competitors or steel conglomerates like TATA Bluescope and JSW Everglow who have a wider customer base which takes them longer to solve customer complaints and problems.
We are literally just a phone call away! We escalate all important issues and complaints to the senior management immediately, skipping all the complex steps involved in solving an issue like in those of a MNC or a large corporation.